Blog Archive

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Walgreens 7-13-11

I have been struggling to find a groove to get into as far as which days to coupon and finally found the key. The Rite-Aid and Walgreens ads change every Sunday. Pretty easy there, get the Sunday paper, I usually get 3 or so, and then match up. I am getting pretty good with those two stores, although Rite-Aid just didn't have anything I wanted this week. Albertson's and Safeway and from what I understand most grocery stores run their ad week Wed. thru Tues. So my goal for next week, is to get right in to Walgreens and Rite-Aid if needed on Sunday or at the latest Monday and then prepare for grocery items for a Wed or Thurs. shopping trip. This week, I was way late with the Walgreen's and I missed out on some stuff I wanted and ended up spending a little more than I planned. I still got a pretty good deals. I had originally intended to make three transactions rolling my Register Rewards to each one, but two of my transactions were missing. I replaced one with a slightly more expensive buy and took a rain check on the final one and saved my Register Reward for next trip in.





Here is my break down:

Transaction #1

I started with the Garnier Fructis 4/$14.00 deal that gave $4.00 in Register Rewards. I had originally intended to start with the Infusium 21 deal that was similar but they were already out. I had two $1.00/1 coupons for shampoo and conditioner and 2 $1.00/1 styling aid coupons. I used them all and got 4/$10.00 with $4.00 RR. The other item I bought in this transaction was a first for me. I have gotten plenty of things free when you account for Register Rewards or similar programs, I had never gotten anything just plain free from a coupon....until today! I found Crest Toothpaste on the clearance rack for $.75 and I had a $.75 off coupon. It was FREE!! My total for transaction #1 was $10.96 with a return of $4.00 RR and a $10.00 off $25.00 or more at Fashion Bug. Total savings listed at $9.25.



Transaction #2

I plan to repeat part of this transaction next week too since I got another catalina the same as I had. I started with the Playtex Tampon 18ct which were on sale for $3.99. I had a manufacturer coupon for $2.50/2 and a walgreens catalina for $2.00/2 (which printed again after I bought these). This made total sale price $7.98 minus $4.50 in coupons equalling $3.48. I also bought the GUM Toothbrushes. I got the Micro 2 pack for $1.00 and got $2.00 Register Rewards. I applied my $4.00 RR to the total which was $4.48 making my subtotal $.48, and my total $1.07 with $3.00 RR, the $2.00/2 Playtex catalina,and another Fashion bug as well. Total savings showed at $14.09.



Total it up

My total out of pocket cost for both transactions was $12.03, total savings was $23.34, plus I have $3.00 RR, and some great coupons for next time.



Gifts from the Mail Man

Also, shown in the picture is what I received in the mail this week which was a bible study DVD set. I haven't really checked it out much yet, but I will let you know how it is!

1 comment:

Have an opinion? Feel free to enter it here.