Blog Archive

Friday, July 1, 2011

Walgreens and Rite Aid 7-1-11

So I have decided to post everything here on the page and then put copies in the respective areas, so this will be here and in the Hannoah Savings compartment on the right. All other couponing stuff is in there as well.


7-1-11 Walgreens and Rite Aid




So today I hit Walgreens and Rite Aid. I recently purchased a coupon binder full of coupons so I have a few more and I have been buying double copies of the Sunday papers to stock up Online coupons have been a great asset as well. I have a couple of blogs I follow pretty regularly. They are my favorites. The Krazy Coupon Lady, Super Coupon Lady, and Spend With Pennies are my faves. I check them regularly. I have most of them on my facebook.



Walgreens


So the total on my Walgreens shopping trip today was $23.79 OOP with a savings of $37.45. I did two transactions, the first to build up some Register Rewards and the second to spend them :).

My first transaction was the Twizzlers, which were on sale for 2/$3.00 with $1.00 RR and I had a coupon for $.50 off; the Intuition Razer Refill 3ct,which was on sale for $8.99 with $3.00RR and I had a $2.00 off coupon; the Johnson Baby Care wash and detangler were on sale 2/$6.00 with $1.00 RR; and finally the Reach Toothbrush which was on sale for $2.99 with $2.00 RR. Total for this first transaction was $19.85 and it gave me $7.00 in Register Rewards for Transaction #2.



Transaction #2 consisted of: 2 cans Blue Diamond Almonds on sale Buy one for $3.59 Get one Free and I had a coupon for $.60 off 2; Curad bandages for $.99 with a $.50 off coupon (I wanted two, but there was only one pack left); Tylenol Precise Pain Creme was on sale for $7.99 and I used a $5.00 off coupon and a $3.00 off coupon making it FREE; Pantene Shampoo and Conditioner was Buy One for $4.99 Get one 50% off and I had a save $3.00 on two; then I had to buy 3 carmels and a sucker for filler to use my RR. The total on this after the RR was $3.94.




Rite Aid



Rite Aid was a smaller trip for a few near free items. It was a lot higher percentage of savings though. I did two transactions which together cost me $6.09 and saved me $32.25. I had a couple free items and a great money maker on this one.


Transaction #1 was only two items, but it made me the most in +UP Rewards. I bought Veet Caring touch Creme Kit for $5.99 (I could have saved more if I had gotten the facial waxing strips but those are just scary) and used a $3.00 off and a $2.00 off coupons and got $1.00 +UP reward which made this FREE; then I bought sunglasses. The way this worked was all sunglasses were on sale Buy One get One 50% off. They carry two brands and if you watch the videos at riteaid.com you can get a $5.00 off coupon for each of them. The kids glasses were $7.99 and $6.99. You also got $5.00 +UP rewards when you buy two. This ends up being a $3.51 money maker. The total for that first transaction was $3.61 with savings of $18.50 and $6.00 +UP rewards.


Transaction #2 was a little more than I had hoped because they were out of the cereal I wanted so I settled for Cookie Crisp which was $4.49 and I had $.75 off coupon; I got Coppertone Sun Screen on sale for $8.99 and I used a $1.00 off coupon from another video, $2.00 off, and another $2.00 off coupon, making total for the sunscreen $3.99. I used my $6.00 +up rewards and another $1.00 purchase from the videos to make the total $2.48 with savings of $13.75.


All in all a great shopping day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have an opinion? Feel free to enter it here.